Saturday, November 23, 2013

Simple Exfoliating Wipes, 25 Count (Pack of 2)

Simple Exfoliating Wipes, 25 CountEvery time I go to England, this is what I fill my suitcase with for my return to the US. Many people bring back fridge magnets of Kate and William or special chocolate, my last stop is Boots for these wonderful wipes. My skin feels great, it doesn't sting my eyes, they do't have any annoying fragrance. I wish they were flushable but oh, well. I'll still visit England, but now I can stock up on Kate and William magnets instead of hauling back Simple wipes. Thank you, amazon.com. BTW, highly recommended... and it's cheaper than flying in to Heathrow.

I received a package of Simple Exfoliating Wipes, 25 Count (Pack of 2) through Amazon Vine program to review. They arrived neatly packaged and you pull up the little white label pull-tab to expose a cut-out in the green plastic wrap to pull the wipes out through. The packaging did a good job of keeping the wipes moist; I have tried other brands where the wipes had completely dried out.

The instructions on this website state these wipes are to cleanse and exfoliate your eyelids, face and neck. It doesn't mention makeup and I don't think it will remove all makeup, but perhaps some or the last traces of makeup residue. The wipes have a nice weave texture to them that did exfoliate my skin without reddening, irritating, or aggravating my sensitive skin. You are not supposed to exfoliate your eyelids, so the directions are confusing; I would advise to not exfoliate your eyelids and I do not think you could find a Dermatologist or Esthetician who would recommend exfoliating your eyelids. I think that Simple made a typo when they put that on these exfoliating wipes. I think they make other wipes for cleansing without exfoliating such as Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes, 25 Count (Pack of 2) and/or Simple Radiance Wipes, 25 Count and that would be good for your eyelids. The green plastic container does not say eyelids, just to cleanse your face and neck; so maybe the typo is just on this website. Really, don't exfoliate your eyelids; you could really do some damage.

I think this product is safer than most but still not quite toxic-free enough for me because of concern over several of the ingredients:

There is a moderately high health hazard concern with 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1 as can be read/researched on Skin Deep Cosmetics Cosmetics database at ewg dot org. There are high health hazard contamination concerns with Ceteareth-20 and Ceteareth-12. There is a fair health hazard concern with Phenoxyethanol because of limited nervous toxicity.

This product contains both Propylparaben and methylparaben which both have a high health hazard concern for human endocrine disruption (in simple lay terms, this means your hormones and glands won't function properly). Methylparaben is listed by the Hazardous Substances Data Bank as a food preservative, as well as a preservative for cosmetics. It is a fungicide, which can preserve the life of a product. The HSDB states that methylparaben is quickly absorbed through the skin and the intestinal tract (when used as a food preservative). There is a great deal of controversy surrounding its use, with many reports of dangerous side effects especially regarding breast cancer, male fertility, skin damage, eye damage, etc.

According to the USDA, these parabens are safe; according to the European Commission on Endocrine Disruption, there is strong evidence that they are human endocrine disruptors. I tend to believe the European Commission on Endocrine Disruption over any USA agency, but in any case, I would rather be safe than sorry so I avoid parabens and other substances that disrupt my endocrine system or are harmful to me in other ways.

I do however think it is a great attempt at making something helpful, just continue to clean out all the toxic junk. Customers want clean healthy skin without giving themselves medical issues. Please remove any ingredients that are not proven safe.

Thank you for the opportunity to review this innovative product.

Buy Simple Exfoliating Wipes, 25 Count (Pack of 2) Now

~The good~

Works well on sensitive skin

Good number of wipes per pack (25)

Rough texture of wipes scrubs off color-stay makeup

Resealable pack keeps wipes moist

~The not so good~

Wipes don't produce any sort of lather, even if you add water

Exfoliating effect is produced through a rough textured wipe which can be a little harsher than typical scrubs

Feels more like a rough wipe than a wipe with cleanser in it

These wipes would work even better if the cleanser it contains lathered in some way. It's hard to tell if the cleaner is washing your skin or not, because you can't really get any cleanser out of the wipes. When I'm washing off my makeup, I can see where the rough wipe does pull off makeup, but I don't get any soap on my face to wash it with. It just feels like I'm scraping my makeup off with a rough baby wipe. So these are probably best to use when you're not wearing any makeup on your skin, and just need something to lightly wipe off oils from your face.

Read Best Reviews of Simple Exfoliating Wipes, 25 Count (Pack of 2) Here

These exfoliating facial wipes make my face feel fresh and clean. These wipes contain vitamins B5 and E, and also aloe vera. It contains no perfumes or dyes or harsh irritants. The front of the package also says "for naturally healthy looking skin" and "double sided cleansing action" and "sensitive skin experts" (that's me the person with the sensitive skin not the sensitive skin expert).

I love facial wipes such as these. I use these at home, but they would also be good for traveling. The wipes are moist, so you wouldn't have to worry about hydrating them.

I just love these wipes. They make my face feel good. They fill my needs. Highly recommended if you are in need of facial wipes.

Want Simple Exfoliating Wipes, 25 Count (Pack of 2) Discount?

I guess I don't really get the point of these wipes. They're supposed to be exfoliating, but I am supposed to use them as a cleanser? Do they moisturize? I can't really tell. The experience of using them is akin to wiping a baby wipe across the faceI had a hard time enjoying it. As promised, they are scent-free. When I finished using the wipe my skin didn't feel any softer or better, and I can't really discern a great benefit. For better facial cleansing I would recommend Simple Smoothing Facial Scrub, 5 Ounce (Pack of 2)it's made by the same folks, and it has a nice exfoliating effect without the diaper wipe experience. I found that the scrub worked better.

Save 11% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment