
My beauty consultant at Saks Fifth Avenue suggested the SK-II product line to me after my skin began to act up in my early twenties. I was initially very convinced that this three step system (Cleansing Oil, Lotion, and Essence) would help "heal" my skin from the inside out. They even had pictures to show how it worked under the skin's surface to eliminate acne. I should have listened to the voice in my head that kept saying "isn't it bad to put OIL on your FACE??" The SK-II Facial Treatment Cleansing Oil is, no doubt about it, oilit has a thick viscous consistency to it. For the first six months of using the SK-II system I noticed that intially my skin seemed to clear up. I still had deep, painful cysts around my jaw line but very few were coming to the surface and the rest of my skin started to have a nice glow to it. But after the six-month mark things started to go sour. I started to have numerous breakouts in my T-zone and around my jaw line. Despite the fact that my skin looked "firmer" I was having very noticeable and painful breakouts. I went immediately to the dermatologist who informed me that putting oil on my face was NOT the correct thing to be doing (which I already knew but decided not to pay attention to) unless you are looking for an anti-aging treatment. For those of us who need some help with crow's feet or sagging skin, this is the perfect solutionit leaves the face firm and glowing. (Think Cate Blanchettshe is (was?) their spokesperson). But if you are known to have sensitive, breakout prone skin, do not buy into the gimic that this will help "clear" your acne from the inside out.

No comments:
Post a Comment