Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Clarisonic Mia(TM) Skin Cleansing System

Clarisonic Mia Sonic Skin Cleansing System, PinkI have been hearing such good things about the Clarisonic, I had to see for myself. I had researched, and people felt the Mia was easier to handle, more reasonably priced and worked just as well as the more expensive models.

After a month of use, I can honestly state my skin is feeling like silk. One of the articles I read about the Clarisonic stated that the cleansing action allows your moisturizers to be better absorbed into the skin, since the gentle exfoliation unblocks the pores and gets down to the fresh, clean skin.

I love the fact that the waterproof Mia goes into the shower, and I can have a luxurious facial spa treatment while my hair conditioner works. It's such a nice feeling that it's almost disappointing when the unit automatically goes off after 1 minute. The fancier, more expensive Clarisonic models beep every few seconds to let you know to move to a new area. I don't need that feature, as it is natural to keep the brush head moving, like an electric toothbrush. The Mia is much smaller and more lightweight than the other models. I can't imagine anything bigger. I am afraid it would slip out of my hand in the shower.

The charger is a neat little magnetic disc that adheres to the unit while charging. It's so small, it would be easy to bring on a trip. I did not need to recharge yet, but after 21 days, put it back on the charger. The literature says it will hold a charge for 20 days.

I have absolutely no regrets having bought the Mia. I highly recommend it, and think it is one of the best products I have ever used on my skin.

First off, I didn't purchase my Mia from Amazon. I did my homework and checked all over and found the best deal ($119, shipping included) from Skinstore.com. I have been using the Mia for one month and NOT every single day. I obeyed the directions which told me to fully charge the little guy for 12 hrs. and I know this to be wise advice since you end up messing with battery life if you don't FULLY CHARGE the very first time. I have read on other sites that many women experienced the cystic-pimple breakouts after beginning this new regimen. Well, I did too! I get a pimple here and there once in a great while and they're usually POP-able and gone the next day. These suckers were the "6 ft. under" kind that irritate the heck outta you b/c there isn't a thing you can do about them! But, b/c I knew this was going to happen, I just backed off using it every other day or even skipping two days and now I have broken through to the other side!! Hallelujah!! My pores are the most noticeable difference. They appear to have shrunk though magazines have informed me this is an impossibility. Well, how do you account for the appearance of smaller pores, then? It has softened the texture of my face and given me an even tone so I only have to spot-check my foundation now. If you can withstand the 2nd week purge and press on until your face acclimates, you will be very pleased. Also, I do not use their cleanser. I use Aveeno Positively Ageless (ha!)with mine. It is an expensive way to cleanse, I know, but your face is forever honey, take care of it!

Buy Clarisonic Mia(TM) Skin Cleansing System Now

I've been using the MIA for about a week now and I already can't imagine being without it. I had seen the larger Clarisonic and thought it looked interesting, but couldn't quite see myself spending the money for it. Now I'm glad I didn't. The MIA is the perfect size for me and really simple to use. There is only one button to push. It activates the brush for one minute and that's it! I saw a difference the first time I used it and am continuing to see improvement. Pores look smaller and lines not so pronounced. And when I apply moisturizer right after using it seems to work better. It takes a relatively long time to recharge, but I think it's because the recharger is magnetic and doesn't actually plug into the unit. No problem really because if I want to use it before it's fully recharged I just disconnect it, use it, then reconnect the charger. Since there is no socket or anything in the unit you don't have to worry about getting it wet. The MIA uses the same brushes as the larger Clarisonic, but it does not work with the body brush. That is an entirely different unit as the body brush works at a different frequency than the MIA or even the regular, larger Clarisonic. The MIA is something of an investment, but if you're looking for something that will make a difference I don't think you will be disappointed.

Update: Nearly a month later, I still love my Clarisonic and have only had to recharge it twice.

Read Best Reviews of Clarisonic Mia(TM) Skin Cleansing System Here

I purchased this item through Amazon and now I have to return it and pay for return shipping myself because I just got a response back from Clarisonic.Amazon is not an approved authized dealer of the Mia skincare products, therefore if you buy it from amazon and then later discover that the unit is defective/needs replacing, Clarisonic will not honor the 2 year manufacturer's agreement that you would normaly get if you buy it at Sephora.com, Dermstore.com or any number of authorized dealers. Buyer beware. Here is Clarisonic's official statement:

Hello,

Thankyou for your inquiry. Unfortunately, amazon.com, and many stores that sell offamazon.com are not our list of approved online accounts. Listed below is acurrent list of approved online accounts for your convenience.

Withkind regards,

Clarisonic Customer Care

ApprovedOnline Accounts:

RetailOnline Stores:

Want Clarisonic Mia(TM) Skin Cleansing System Discount?

I'm so disappointed in this product. It's not because of the product itself, which has done wonders for two of my friends, but unfortunately, it had the complete opposite effect on me. I have combination skin prone to the occasional hormonal breakout, nothing too scary using the skinbrush for 5 weeks made my skin break out in a way it NEVER had, and two weeks later, I'm still nurturing it back to its normal state. I got weird bumps on my forehead I'd never had before (usually my forehead breakouts are minimal to none, and the pimples look different than they did here), and I got breakouts on my cheeks and chin (basically everywhere I used the skinbrush).

Adding to that, when I woke up every morning, my skin would be slick with oil, and I'd never had oily skin in the past. A facial therapist I saw had a theory that the skinbrush was drying my skin out so much my sebaceous glands were oversecreting oil to make up for the dryness. Not sure if this is true, but as soon as I stopped using it, my skin slowly started to get better (and it certainly didn't get worse).

Seriously, I'm very disappointed, because pretty much 9 out of 10 reviews are glowing. I'd warn anyone with very sensitive skin to avoid this product, but of course, everyone is different. If you notice breakouts within a week or two of using it, I'd suggest not waiting it out like I did just stop using it.

Save 8% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment