Sunday, March 30, 2014

Wen® Lavender Cleansing Conditioner - 32oz

Wen® Lavender Cleansing Conditioner - 32ozI usually don't write a review for any product but felt this was necessary. I first tried the 16 Oz Sweet Almond Mint and loved it! I have longer medium thickness hair that is curly when air dried. I noticed a dramatic reduction in hair loss (hair in shower, on my brush, etc). Also, my hair was really soft and shiny. If I were to rate the Sweet Almond Mint it would be 5-stars, hands down.

I went to order the 32 Oz and at the time Amazon didn't have Sweet Almond Mint in that size in stock, so I ended up ordering the Lavender. You would think that the scent shouldn't make much a difference in the actual results of the product but it does in this case. I have noticed my hair is more brittle, dry, and I lose more hair on this compared to the Sweet Almond Mint. I've learned my lesson and will now just stick to Sweet Almond Mint. I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that the different scents do have different effects.

I have been using the Wen cleansing-conditioners for over a year now. I have fine wavy hair that is color-treated. I find that this product is all that it is advertised to be. It is gentle, keeps my hair hydrated and I only now need to wash my hair twice a week. You do need to rinse throughly to avoid residual product left in your hair, but my hair has never been in such good shape. I also appreciate not having to do a two-step process every time I shampoo (shampoo and condition). The product is relatively expensive, and you do need to use quite a bit to get the desired results, but I feel that it is worth the price for me.

Buy Wen® Lavender Cleansing Conditioner - 32oz Now

I read reviews from probably 10 different websites before I bought this product. Other reviews were very helpful (they warned me to not order via the website) as those who have suffered from billing errors and issues with customer service. As usual, the ordering process via Amazon was amazing.

Now onto the product I have fine hair and the past couple of years it has changed a lot. By the end of the day I am just a grease ball! It's really gross. I talked to my family practitioner, my gyno and a dermatologist. The first two docs said it was hormonal changes since I'm in my mid-20s now. The dermatologist had me trying all sorts of fancy shampoos for dandruff and problem scalps and nothing has worked...so I gave in and purchased Wen.

I always take my time when using it and literally follow the instructions down to the finest detail but am disappointed in the results. Ads claim that it makes hair fuller, have more bounce and body, and is great for "problem" hair. It probably is great for "problem" hair but not all issues like they claim. I can see it being great for women or men who have thick, unruly hair with flyaways...but this stuff is awful on fine hair (despite the commercials and ads that say it's great for all types). I will admit that it did make my hair very soft and I had fewer tangles during the day...but it made my hair even greasier...even with following all instructions.

It wasn't the worst experience in the world I am only giving it a 2 mainly because it's pretty expensive for not working as well as promised. I won't buy this again.

On a sidenote for those of you going through what I am...I got shampoo from Kiehl's a week ago and LOVE it! :)

Read Best Reviews of Wen® Lavender Cleansing Conditioner - 32oz Here

I have never relied on sample packs to try out a Chaz Dean product since I knew about them. I knew there was a money back guarantee. For a long time I used Fig and Tee Tree (scalp issues which it helped), but sometimes the Fig was a little too heavy for my hair. I read the manual from an order and tried Lavendar and ordered a 32 oz. bottle and never looked back. (I have highlighted hair.) It cleans without stripping. Lately I've been sick to the point that I can't wash my hair that often. So I simply wash 2 or 3 times lightly with the heaviest wash last. I also use his Re-Moist Moisturizing Mask and use it a little as a leave-in conditioner. I'm happy. My hair is happy too.

Want Wen® Lavender Cleansing Conditioner - 32oz Discount?

WEN is a really rich conditioner, not a wonder product. It smells like a spa (more rosemary than lavender)...the smell is surprisingly mild, and goes away instantly. The pump was broken, but I replaced it. The required number of pumps is ridiculous. You might as well plan to use an entire bottle each time you wash your hair. I tried using less, and then more, but it didn't make a difference.

I had no issues washing my hair without suds. My hair didn't feel stripped, but it didn't feel clean, either. It felt like when you wet your hair when it's really dirty, but don't wash it. Stiff and icky. Rinsing was a bit odd, because my hair never felt clean. When dry, I had zero shine. A bit less frizz, but seemed identical to washing my dirty hair with my standard creme conditioner rather than shampoo. Felt filmy, even though I rinsed properly. My hair had no smell, no bounce, nothing. I tried it a few more times and by the end of the week, my scalp felt dirty and oily, and my hair looked pretty awful. I then washed again with regular shampoo and conditioner and my hair is back to normal. All I can say is my hair actually feels better with regular shampoo, sulfates and all. An expensive lesson. It's a good thing I tried the smaller (cheaper) size first. I think this is one of those products that works for some people but not others. Perhaps it has to do with hard vs. soft water or different types of hair. Oh, and the name is really stupid.

For reference, my hair is medium length, medium texture. More thick than thin, slightly wavy, and tends to frizz on the top layer due to repeated hair coloring. It's exceedingly average, so I feel I'm a good test for most hair products.

No comments:

Post a Comment