Monday, September 29, 2014

Simple Moisturizing Facial Wash, 5 Ounce (Pack of 2)

Simple Moisturizing Facial Wash, 5 OunceI am obsessed with having a clean face before bed and again in the morning before I apply fresh makeup so I am always happy to try new facial cleansers. I had never before heard of the Simple SkinCare line but dealing with the skin condition Rosacea for years it is imperative that I use products geared toward sensitive skin. This 5 oz bottle is the standard "upside down" storing squeeze bottle most facial cleansing manufacturers have adopted.

The front of the bottle states there are 2 vitamins, 1 skin loving nutrient, and 0 perfumes or dyes. Reading the ingredient list, I am not sure which is which. Here are the ingredients in the order they are listed:

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Decyl Glucoside, Cocomidopropyl Betaine, PEG-55 Propylene Glycol Oleate, Propylene Glycol, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Bisabolol, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Oil, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Polyquaternium-39, Laureth-10, Cocomide MEA, Sodium Chloride, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Disodium EDTA, Dipropylene Glycol, Methylparaben.

Wow. So much for being "simple". Sounds like an entire science lab is in this product. I had never heard of Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil so I looked it up. It is a common ingredient in "natural" products as it is derived from the Anthemis Nobilis flower (in the Chamomile family so take heed if you are allergic to Chamomile). The Pelargonium Graveolens Oil is what is used to make geranium oil and has a rose scent. That might be all nice and natural sounding but I can't get past the second ingredient being Sodium Laureth Sulfate. This and its cousin Sodium Lauryl Sulfate are BAD for your skin. Over the past year I have stopped using any products that contain them. Please do a Google search for them and you will see what I am talking about. Now, stepping down from my soapbox I will simply tell you how the product worked.

It is a pearly white color and has a nice smooth texture that comes out of the bottle easily. I applied it directly to my face with my hands as directed. It cleaned well (removing all traces of makeup) and had a nice pleasant subtle Rose scent. It rinsed off fairly easy but not as well as I would have liked. I noticed the next morning after washing my face again with Simple that my face was a bit itchy. I am not sure if there is something in the product's many ingredients that I am allergic to or if the cleanser combined with my moisturizer was the problem. So, I am going to experiment again with only putting my moisturizer on one side of my face after cleansing.

I guess if you are not concerned about ingredients like SLES (Sodium Laureth) and SLS (Sodium Lauryl) then it is a product worth trying. I won't recommend it however unless they reformulate and remove the Sodium Laureth Sulfate.

EDIT 12/24/11: I tested the cleanser regarding the itching issue and it seems that there is something in it that is not combining well with the ingredients in my moisturizer (Olay brand). I haven't encountered that problem with other facial cleansers and my moisturizer.

While I didn't toally dislike this facial wash, I wasn't overly enthused about it either.

It is a typical, basic face cleanser. Creamy, lathers well and rinses well. It has a very light scent. I have to be picky with what I use on my face as my skin doesn't like alot of products, but this one caused no irritations.

As for the "moisturizing" claim, I don't feel that this product was moisturizing at all. During the winter I get dry spots/patches on my face. After using this cleanser for several weeks, I saw no difference in those dry areas. The cleanser did not add any moisturization. Honestly though, that is ok because I use a moisturizer anyway and I do not rely on a cleanser to add moisture, BUT if it claims to do something, you should see at least some sort of proof of those claims. I do use other cleansers particularly in the winter which do better at keeping my skin moisturized and minimizing the dry spots and redness.

I didn't notice any other spectacular or amazing effects.. no glowing skin, no diminished wrinkles or anything else. No decrease in the seasonal redness or dry patches. Again, I wasn't expecting those things either, but just pointing out the fact that this is your regular everyday cleanser, with no added benefits.

I wouldn't necessarily advise against buying this cleanser, but I also would not specifically recommend it. It is ok for the price, but there are others in the price range for sensitive skin which have better results.

Buy Simple Moisturizing Facial Wash, 5 Ounce (Pack of 2) Now

Some reviewers question the list of ingredients, but most facial washes have a long list of unpronounceable ingredients. Just because they sound weird, doesn't make them bad. So unless you're a chemist or a dermatologist, don't assume that it's bad.

At least one reviewer gave the product bad marks because you can't put it around your eyes. Lots of facial soaps/cremes make similar warnings. That doesn't make this a lousy product. It's not called, "Eye cleaner" or "Eye moisturizer." It's for the face. While the eyes are part of the face, it's a special part that is super sensitive, which is why there are special products just for that.

Overall, this product is quite good and delicate. Is it the best thing ever? No, but I'm happy with it and probably most people would be too.

Read Best Reviews of Simple Moisturizing Facial Wash, 5 Ounce (Pack of 2) Here

I am a forty-eight-year-old man who was born with raunchy skin. My complexion is best described as oily, especially my forehead. Keeping my face free of acne was a daily struggle until I received the Olay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System (Olay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System) which taught me the importance of exfoliation. The rotating brush gently deep cleans my skin while removing dead cells as evidenced by the black grime found in its bristles; I've had to replace the brush since faithfully using it every day for the past year. I lather my face with the Olay Professional Pro-X Exfoliating Renewal Cleanser (Olay Professional Pro-X Exfoliating Renewal Cleanser, 6 Ounce) prior to using the cleanser's rotating brush.

I dare say that I experienced miraculous results using the Olay products. After a few months of continual usage, my skin became remarkably healthier and more manageable. There were fewer pimples, especially on my nose. (When I did get a pimple, it seemed to vanish sooner than normal.) My skin was smoother, more vibrant and more toned. My self-confidence and self-esteem increased as my acne problems decreased. Let's face it, men also want healthier skin. Pimples hurt, physically, emotionally and financially; research has shown that if two applicants of equal qualification interview for the same job, the more attractive one will get it.

With that said, I was hesitant about trying the Simple Moisturizing Facial Wash. I didn't want to alter a cleansing regiment that had been proven successful. However, I believe that beauty products are like medicines. Sometimes our bodies become immune to them and they no longer work as effectively. It is good to try a new product. When I was bodybuilding, I had to change my weight lifting routines in order for my muscles to continue growing. Therefore, I decided to try the Simple Wash. If I experienced difficulties, I would gladly run back to the Olay products.

I quit using my Neutrogena Transparent Facial Bar, Acne-Prone Skin Formula, (Neutrogena Transparent Facial Bars, Acne-Prone Skin Formula, 3.5 Ounce (Pack of 2)) and I continued using the Olay Cleansing System. However, I substituted the Simple Wash for the Olay Cleanser. Ounce per ounce, the Simple Wash is half the price of the Olay Cleanser. Therefore, it is definitely more economical. Also, the Simple Wash can be easily ordered through Amazon if not readily available in department stores. A product that is highly popular in England, the Simple Wash has just recently been introduced into the United States.

I have posted some photographs of the Simple Wash on this web site. It arrived in a five-ounce tube without a box or any paperwork. Instructions and all ingredients are printed on the back of the tube, which, for safety reasons, had a cap that was sealed with plastic. The ingredients are too many to list here; however, many of them are also used in the Olay Cleanser. This led me to believe that the Simple Wash also exfoliates the skin.

I have faithfully used the Simple Wash for ONE MONTH. I normally use it to wash my face at least twice a day, in the morning while preparing to go to work and at night before retiring to bed. I also use it before attending a social event. I have not experienced any allergic reactions such as rashes, blisters, hives, etc. Basically, the Simple Wash is fragrance free. It does not have an overwhelming flowery fragrance that some people might find offensive. However, if I raise a small dab of it to my right nostril, I do smell a slight odor. My Olay Cleanser smells similar and it is also advertised as fragrance free.

A little does go a long way. I only use a small pearl-drop of the Simple Wash on my hands before rubbing it on my face. The amount of lather produced will depend upon the amount of Simple Wash used. (The five-ounce tube should last me at least two to three months.) For the first two weeks, my skin was slightly dry and taut. I had to rub into my face a small amount of Suave Body Lotion, Vitamin E, (Suave Body Lotion, Vitamin E, 32-Ounce (Pack of 2)) in order to give it some moisture. However, eventually my skin must have grown accustomed to the Simple Wash and became noticeably smoother, softer and refreshed. Despite this winter's strange up-and-down temperatures in Chesapeake, VA, my complexion, thanks to the Simple Wash, is looking quite good. I don't have any red, dry patches around the corners of my nose or mouth.

If you are a man or woman who is searching for an economical facial cleanser that performs well at exfoliating skin, then I highly recommend you try the Simple Moisturizing Facial Wash. It is less than half the price of the Olay Professional Pro-X Exfoliating Renewal Cleanser and works just as well, if not better. I am not criticizing Olay products in any way. I've used the Olay Body Moisturizing Bath Soap (Olay body moisturizing bar soap for sensitive and hypo allergenic skin 4.25 oz, 6 ea) nearly all of my life and will continue to do so. However, as I wrote earlier, it is sometimes good to vary one's beauty regiment because, like a workout regiment, it can grow stale. Your skin, muscles, etc., will not respond as well with the same daily routine used year after year.

Joseph B. Hoyos

Want Simple Moisturizing Facial Wash, 5 Ounce (Pack of 2) Discount?

i bought this product after having success with other simple products. i have normal but very sensitive skin but i am not acne prone, but when a product is too harsh my face will develop a very irritated itchy rash. usally because of this i approch skincare items with caution but because simple clams to be "the simple skin experts" i used this all over my face.

first i noticed a bit of a rash around my eyes thinking it was my makeup i rewashed my face, within a few hours my entire face was was stingy and itchy by the morning one of my eyelids was swollen and my entire face was covered in white bumps

this also broke my sister out who has dry less sensitive skin

i hope this was a help full review I have tried many other simple products and this was the only one who had this horrible effect on my skin :)

Save 15% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment